Slam Poetry Workshop
Come join us at the House for our upcoming Slam Poetry Workshops led by award-winning poet, Gayle Danley.
After winning the International Poetry Slam in Heidelberg Germany, poet Gayle Danley entered America’s classrooms teaching thousands of children how to access their emotions through the force of words. She performed and taught her way from Maryland Young Audience’s Artist of the Year, to National Young Audience’s Artist of the Year. She captured the International Poetry Slam Champion title In Heidelberg, Germany in 1996.
CBS 60 Minutes profiled her work with middle schoolers in Baltimore County, as well as the Baltimore Sun, Washington Post and New York Times and recently Carefirst included her and her Poetry Pros in a special presentation for its Equity and Inclusion week.
During the pandemic, Gayle kept herself sane and healthy by curating three decades of her slam poetry work into “Lessons in Poetry,” an online course that builds emotional stamina and shares the secrets to writing your own spoken word piece.
Gayle was recently named Maryland Library Association Poet of the Year.
- Seating is limited at this FREE event.
- This workshop will be held on March 26, April 9, and April 23.
- Open to adults ages 18+
- Feel free to bring your lunch to enjoy during the workshop.
- Light refreshments will be provided.
- Parking is limited and may be available on Talbot Rd. or Clifton Rd. Rideshare (Lyft / Uber, etc) is highly recommended.
- Book your attendance by selecting your preferred date and quantity below.
- Click the verification link in the confirmation email. *If you do not receive this verification email within 5-minutes of your booking, there may have been a typo in the email address provided. Contact Sarah Jenkins at email@example.com to confirm / correct your email address for this booking.